restoring system to initial state

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SEP17

Good Day Gentleman and Ladies,
I have a system that has Windows XP Home Edition. I would like to restore this system to its original state. When I go into system restore, I guess the original owner never had the need to set a restore point. Can anyone give me the steps to restore this computer clean, so I can give it to my nephew.

Thank You in advance, Steve

managed

Allan
Please post the make and model of the computer.
Do you have any CD/DVD's that came with the computer ?
Do you have an XP install CD ?

SEP17

Make and model: Dell - 4700, Do you have any CD/DVD's that came with the computer ? Yes
Do you have an XP install CD ? Yes

You could just reinstall XP and format the hard drive in the process. If you also have a CD with the drivers you would then install the chipset driver, audio, video and any others you need. If you don't have the driver CD you can still download them from Dell.

Then you should go online to the Windows update site to get all of the updates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts