Restoring too much???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

azdood

Hi Everyone -
I'm in the process of backing up a lot of DVD files, some of which are very large. First I extract the information from one DVD, then burn it onto a new one. After I'm done filling up a new DVD, I then delete all the information from my computer. In all, I'll end up with around 50 DVDs.

In case I have to do System Restore sometime, I've been creating a new restore point after completing around five DVDs so my computer, if in that situation, won't have to restore a lot of files I don't need anymore. This is creating a lot of restore points and my question is: am I doing the right thing? Will creating all these restore points cause some sort of problem?

As always, thank you in advance. I could use any suggestions you have.

The biggest problem I can see is these restore points taking up alot of space on your main hard drive..

Maybe look a getting a very large external hard drive and making images (ghost) of your drive on it?

Hope this helps!

azdood

Thanks kalisun. Is there any other solution other than getting an external hard drive? Isn't there some way I can delete all the information in the restore points prior to the latest one? Thanks.

Yes, once you are sure you have created all the dvd's necessary and everything is kosher turn off system restore, reboot and turn on system restore again and create a restore point. Thus you are up to date and freed up all that space from the previous restore points.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts