1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restoring Toshiba to factory settings

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tray69, Sep 14, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Tray69

Tray69 Thread Starter

I'm having trouble restoring my Toshiba Satellite C50-B to factory settings. I've followed the instructions on 3 different you tube videos about holding zero down and turning power on, but when I get to the options, none of them will let me do it. It fails. Also, this computer didn't come with a disc for doing it. How can I get through this problem?

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Toshiba Satellite C50-B Laptop

What's the exact model number and serial number on yours?

What Windows version and bit number is it running?

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. Tray69

Tray69 Thread Starter

I guess this is the model number: Satellite C55D-B5319. This is the part number, if it helps: PSCMYU-OOGO17. This is the serial number: YE202923P. It's Windows 10. I don't know where to find the bit number.

5. flavallee

HERE is the support site for the Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5319 Laptop.

According to its "Detailed Specs", it shows the same part number (PSCMYU-00G017) that you submitted, and it shows it originally came with Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Capture.JPG

If I enter the same serial number (YE202923P) that you submitted, it brings up a webpage for THIS Toshiba Satellite C55D-B Laptop.

There is no "Detailed Specs" link for it.

I suggest you go HERE and contact Toshiba support.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Tray69

Tray69 Thread Starter

I upgraded it to Windows 10, and I've already been to the Toshiba support you provided. They want a good amount of money to help me since my warranty ran out. I came here for free support or instructions from a reliable source. Looks like I wasted my time.

7. flavallee

If you upgraded it to Windows 10, you're not going to be able to factory reset it back to Windows 8.1.
    Are you wanting to run Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 in it?
    If you go HERE, you can download and save the Media Creation Tool for the appropriate Windows version, then use that tool to download and save the appropriate .ISO file.
    Once that's done, you can create a bootable install DVD so you can install it.
    I'm trying to help you, but if you feel you're wasting your time here, there are numerous others here that I can focus on helping who don't feel the same way.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  8. flavallee

If you go HERE, then enter C55D-B5319 for the model number, then enter Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit for the operating system, the list of drivers you'll need will be listed.

There's full driver support for the 64-bit version and not for the 32-bit version, so I'm pretty much assuming your laptop came with Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit and was later upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196356