1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

resume desktop?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TRS-80 vet, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed Thread Starter

Where is the control for the setting that makes the desktop resume with one move of the mouse?

Mine seems to have changed itself from one move of the mouse, to two moves of the mouse, to bring the desktop back up. I don't remember doing anything at the time, or ever really, like software installs, sys restores, etc., that would account.

Thanks!

2. 1101doc

1101doc

3. TRS-80 vet

My fault... I didn't explain well.

After so much inactivity on your pc, the screen saver starts. If you move the mouse, screen saver quits, and the desktop (or IE screen, or whatever you had on the screen) comes back up.

Mine now takes two mouse moves, to bring back up whatever I had on the screen.

Any ideas where this setting is? I think I remember once seeing it somewhere, but I don't remember if it was on another machine that I had, with ME OS...

Thanks...

4. TRS-80 vet

bump...

5. [WotS] Apples

[WotS] Apples

Not to be rude or anything, but does it matter if it takes one or two mouse moves to get the screen saver away ? There is an option where you can disable the screen saver though.

6. TRS-80 vet

No problem..

It might change again. And again. We just need to know what's going on with the machine.

Do you have any ideas?

7. [WotS] Apples

[WotS] Apples

Nopes, sorry. I usually just move my mouse a lot of times just to be sure I will get the desktop instead of still the Screen Saver.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!