Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire e-mail

2K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  Britfellow 
#1 ·
Hello to the group,
I recently bought a new laptop, I am going to keep .. and retire my old laptop, is there a way to prevent my old laptop from receiving e-mail ?, my new laptop will be using the same e-mail address. Thank you.

#33 ·
Not sure why I did not notice that there was a new reply in this thread until the one for today.

Since both computers are running Windows 10, it should be fairly straightforward to copy files between them over a shared network. Here is a link to a Microsoft support page for sharing files and folders using Windows 10. You will probably want to share entire folders as compared to individual files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-b58704b2-f53a-4b82-7bc1-80f9994725bf

#34 ·
Agreed. In simple words, buy a LAN cable plug between the 2 machines and share the required drives/folder on your old laptop. Now you can add whatever your want from the shared drives and folders to your new machine.

Personally, I would scan the old laptop first with a good antivirus tool like Malwarebytes before linking it to the new PC. My preference will be to move only trusted and essential files to the new machine simply to counter any malicious files getting into the new machine.

#37 ·
In case you are not following threads here, please remember thumb drives are for short term solution. Especially cheap unknown brands die unexpectedly. I suggest get a 2-4 TB external drive (again, well known brands, Seagate,Western Digital,etc.) and save those important files. Keep the originals in that external drive and make copies onto new computer. You never know when or if a pc fails and you lose everything. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.