1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Retreiveing saved email file folders from Outlook express on a new computer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by martisumner, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. martisumner

martisumner Thread Starter

I had outlook express on my laptop that wont boot up now and have borrowed a different laptop to use while trying to fix mine. I have downloaded my emails to new computer but unforunately it didnt transfer saved file folders with saved emails in them. Is there a away to get them to the new computer?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Are you talking about "saved file folders" on the mail server or on your non-booting laptop or on other media? If on the laptop you will need to copy them from the laptop's hard drive.

3. martisumner

yes on my non booting laptop...I would like to get all my stuff off but I dont know how to do it with it not loading up...I wish it would come back up but honestly I dont think it is going to...Can you tell me how to copy from the hard drive?

4. martisumner

Oh yeah, sorry...I also need the files on my outlook express mail server too...that were saved. I have important emails saved on there...I have reloaded my email on a different laptop now but the saved file folders dont come up of course.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If your booting problem is just with the installed Windows you can probably boot to a Live CD, such as Puppy Linux, and copy any data you need provided the hard drive is readable.

Another option is to put the laptop's hard drive into a USB enclosure and connect it to another computer.

Who is your email provider? Have you tried accessing your saved-on-the-server mail via web mail?

6. martisumner

I have verizon and windows mail outlook express I believe...I had saved files on there with various saved emails within them. Can't get tot hem now and really hope I can retrieve them somehow.
    M

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058545