Retrieving data from deleted user account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ahsvball2507

Hello, I had some videos on my roommates computer, and I recently bought my own computer, so he deleted my user account before I transferred everything. Is there any way I can retrieve my videos? They are very important to me, and I would hate to lose them

TerryNet

Terry
If he didn't delete your files you can still copy them. If they were deleted there is a possibility of data recovery programs working. One such is Recuva.

ahsvball2507

He said when he deleted the profile it didn't ask him to delete or keep files. If they were kept where could I find them? The folder with the files in it were on the desktop of my account if that helps

TerryNet

Terry
Assuming the OS is Windows,

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your user account>\Desktop

Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<your user account>\Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online