1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

retrieving M: drive info from erased (?) disk *HELP!*

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alohamillion, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alohamillion

alohamillion Thread Starter

My hubby & friend were downloading some things onto a cd a few weeks ago. BC we just store our M: photo cd in the cd drive, it was obviously removed so they could put in a fresh cd to copy the new info onto. The next day, I replaced our M: photo cd into the cd drive and attempted to retrieve a photo and found it completely empty. Nothing else on our pc seems to be acting up and this is our only copy (stupid I know) of our family photos. Any help appreciated!!!!!!!!!
    Stacey

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

I'm slightly confused..

Your photos were on a CD-RW disc, and you erased the disc?

3. alohamillion

They were saved on a CD, yes, and apparently were erroneously erased at some point while hubby & friend were downloading something else on ANOTHER cd. It was not an 'oops, I erased the photo disk' kind of thing. But rather a 'what the heck??? how did that happen? it was there a minute ago and now it is gone..."
    I guess at this point I am wondering if any retrieval is possible. Does that make more sense and answer your questions???
    Thanks,
    Stacey

4. kramnnim

kramnnim

Very strange, was the CD the photos were on a CD-RW, or a CD-R? What program do you use to burn CDs?

5. alohamillion

I checked and it is a CD-R. The program we use is the one that came installed in our HPPavilion8760C- says HP CD-Writer Plus, so that must be it. We use our M: drive and the HP Photo Smart program for our digital photos. I'm not the puter wizard, for sure, (and obviously right LOL!) so I think that is what you needed for info.
    I really, really appreciate your brainpower on this!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice