Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrieving Sent button in Thunderbird

16K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  imawriter 
#1 ·
I have lost the Sent button located at the top of the page in Thunderbird.When I write an e-mail I have to go to File and Send. Can you tell me how to get the Sent button back ?

Thanks.

#5 ·
Could go to Start Menu\Programs\Mozilla Thunderbird and you have...
Mozilla Thunderbird (Safe Mode)
and
Mozilla Thunderbird (No Extensions)

Try starting Thunderbird in safe mode to see if all is OK or you can do as throoper said.

#6 ·
I tried your suggestion. Since the Send button did not show up under Customize, I clicked on Restore default set and it still was not there. Do you have another idea for me?

Thanks.
Try Hewee's suggestion before doing anything further. If it's not caused by an Add-on and it didn't show up in the Customize when restoring the default set, I'm going to make a guess that it went missing when T-bird last updated.

If that's the case, my best suggestion would be to get a New copy of Thunderbird and reinstall it.

Make a temporary backup of your profile folder first, just in case.
To do that, Start>Run>type %APPDATA%/Thunderbird/Profiles on the command line>OK.
Copy the folder to the Desktop or another convenient location.
If there are no problems with the reinstall, you can delete the temporary profile backup.

T.

#7 ·
I tried opening Thunderbird in Safe Mode and still did not see the Send button. Then I made the temporary copy of my profile folder, per your directions, and placed a copy on my desktop.
Now...how do I reinstall Thunderbird and if I do this will I lose all my e-mails, files and address list?

#8 ·
Now...how do I reinstall Thunderbird and if I do this will I lose all my e-mails, files and address list?
First, get a new installation of T-bird. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
You should be able to install it on top of the existing program and let it overwrite everything.
That's basically what happens when you update to a new version, anyway.
Or if you prefer you can uninstall from Add/Remove Programs and then install the new setup. Some people don't trust the installer to delete the original program before writing the new. I've never had a problem with it, but it's whatever your preference is.

Your E-mail, addresses, and all prefs should remain intact. Uninstalling does not remove your profile (which is where all your stuff is located).
Rarely, your profile might get caught by the uninstaller (I stress rarely). That's why you should always make a backup before updating or reinstalling.
If a problem occurs, it's a simple matter to remove the Profile and replace it with a copy of the backup.
You might have to reinstall an extension or two, but if your not making a major version change, most should be okay.

Hopefully this will solve the problem. Let us know.
T.

Just noticed this after I posted, the Send button is missing from the Compose window, right? The reason I ask is because there is no Send button on the Main window, only the Compose window. ;)

#12 ·
Hmmm!! The Send button is in the default set of the main program (rather than a profile specific item) and the reinstall should have repaired it.
Only thing I can think at the moment is if you just did the overwrite install, it kept the problem.
If thats the case, try uninstalling and then reinstalling.
Other than that, I'm stumped.
Was the Attach button originally missing or is that new?

#13 ·
Ta-Dah! They're back. There was an unchecked toolbar under View and that brought back one or both of them. Also clicked on File and something under it...I was clicking on everything to see if anything worked...and it did. Thank you SO much for your time and effort.

#14 ·
DOH!!!!
I ran across an extension bug report late last night where a button had installed on a hidden toolbar and was going to have you check to see if you had one that was hidden (thinking, "No, couldn't be that simple, but I've got nothing else"). Just goes to show you, the simple will get you every time.:eek:
I'm really glad you got it solved. :up:
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.