return to factory settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

russellturne

I am running ME on a tiny notebook. I am trying to reset to factory settings it sems to load ok and then it stops and says ABORT 11086 not enough room on target partition due to ghost failiure mbr has been wiped.any suggegtions on how to reslolve will be welcomed.
ty

russt

What type of system it sounds like you are using a restore that is saved on the drive hp does this with a lot of there pavilion systems if so then the image file seams to be corrupted do you have the cds that came with the system

russellturne

its a time systm with systematic ghost writer i think i sem to remember doing something with the partition ages ago so it would start would it be formatting but i forgot how to do it the only disc i hav is the reload disc and floppy
russ t

not familiar with ghost writer would be better off finding someone with the skills. but one of two things either the program is looking for an image on the hd that is missing or the image file is on the cd and is corrupted (i.e. scratches not letting it red) more than likely it is the image on the hd it is looking for. don't have a solution though

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online