1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

return to windows 7 from windows 10 won't restore

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sparkkie115, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparkkie115

sparkkie115 Thread Starter

hi i have been having trouble with my all in one PC ever since i upgraded to win.10. i have tried to restore to win.7 that i had but it doesn t let me. now when i go on it takes about hr to come on then it just shows whats language i would like it to be but i can not press or do anything. so i looked up on google what to do and to ge into safe mode said to press F4 on startup. so did that and then said F2 to continue but that just had it tring to start again just goes around in circles. so i shut down pressed F4 again but the time then pressed F10 and now i am in the BIOS at least thats what i think it is and i don t know what to do. can someone please help me i want to get my computer back to windows 7 i even tried with the cd but gets so far and stops. Help plzzzzz
    http://images.digitalcitizen.life/s...les/img/win10_safe_mode/win10_safemode_15.png
    i am stuck on choose your keyboard layout can use mouse or keyboard don't know what to do plzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. mpeet611

mpeet611

If you upgraded to windows 10 less than 30 days ago you can easily go back to windows 7 by going to start > settings > Update & Security > recovery > under go back to windows 7 click get started & follow the on screen instructions. If it's after 30 days you can reset windows 10 which is basically a reinstall by going to start > Settings > Update & security > recovery > look for reset this pc & click get started then choose if you want to keep your personal files or not then follow the on screen instructions. If you still want to reinstall windows 7 & don't have recovery media you can download windows 7 from micrsoft using the link below. After you finish the download you'll have to burn the iso file to disc then restart your computer & boot from the disc instead of the hard drive & the windows 7 install should begin.

Windows 7 Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

3. sparkkie115

thanks for the info but i can't even get on to go to anything it takes about 2hrs or 3 to open and when it does it opens to the page i put on my last note.and no mouse or key board allows me to pick anything so i end up hard shutting down. i have recovery dvd and windows 7 but can't get the computer to go to drive to start it. it also says when i press F4 as it starts up bunch of things come up but one says hard disk imminnet failure. I don't know what that is and how anything happened ever since i put the windows 10 in this has happened and i tried storeing before the 30 days but have been stuck like this ever since i cannot go anywhere. i have been trying to find out for the last 3 months. if you have any other ideas i could try that would be great.

4. mpeet611

mpeet611

Can you boot directly from the windows 7 DVD?

5. mpeet611

mpeet611

Try going into the bios and set the disc drive to boot before the hard drive. Then put the windows 7 dvd into the drive & exit the bios saving the changes. It should automatically restart. When it says Press Any Key to Boot From CD press any key on the keyboard & the windows 7 setup should begin.

6. sparkkie115

is bios when i restart computer and press F4 the F10 is that the bios before i try want to make sure i am doing things right. ok well i only could disable the hard drive and run cd drive but now on the windows installation it asked for a hard drive how do i enable it again

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  7. sparkkie115

ok well i shut down the computer by holding power button. then powered it up and at same time i pressed F2 then F10 changed my hard drive back to enable and save and exit. then powered off again. and once again i started it up and pressed F2 then when the window opened i pressed F9 and had cd boot up and then it worked as far as it said i have an error and i had to stop the installation. i am doing a windows repair and try again.I will check again and see if it gives me the error number so maybe i will need help what is wrong.

8. mpeet611

mpeet611

You choose the wrong installation method. You need to do a clean install not repair. Assuming you booted the windows 7 disc the repair method will assume you already have windows 7 installed. Since your going from 10 to 7 you need to do a normal clean install. You may want to take a look at this site, it contains step by step directions for a clean install of windows 7. I recommend you take a look at it. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-clean-install-part-1.htm#showall

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice