1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Returned mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nosrednabob, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosrednabob

nosrednabob Thread Starter

For the last several weeks all of my emails to "[email protected]" have been returned with the message that the address had "permanent fatal errors"
    (reason: 551 User not local, and 554 5.0.0 Service
    unavailable). Previously the address worked fine. Also, montanabetty tells me that no one else is having trouble emailing her at this address.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob Anderson, Summitville, NY

2. Del

Del

Have you tried calling your ISP? Sometimes one ISP block another because of SPAM.
    I would call your ISP first to make sure they are not blocking montana.net. It could also be, montana.net blocking your ISP.

3. nosrednabob

nosrednabob Thread Starter

Del: I'll try contacting both ISPs.
    Thanks, Bob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice