1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reviews on Intel vs AMD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackedup, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackedup

jackedup Thread Starter

I have tried to find some comparisons between the AMD and the new E66xx series of Intel processors but so far have been unable to find anything. Everything I have found is still discussing the Pentium D and older processors.

Does anyone know where I can find comparisons on newer processors, and does anyone have any opinions on the benefits of AMD over Intel or vice versa.

Thank you

2. bigbear

bigbear

3. schusterjo

schusterjo

Just plug in the 2 CPU's you want to compare and the test you want to use as a benchmark and the 2 CPU's will come out with a red bar on the chart.
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

Core 2 duo is on top across the board as of now. AMD X2 don't touch it. nor does the FX series. AMD released 65nm CPU on Dec 5th (on shelves in jan) But the CPUs don't have any performance gain over the 90nm they have. only thing is they use less power as of now. Amd plans on releasing several new chips throughout 07 based on the 65nm that will have performance gains. AMD and Intel Scheduled to release 45nm around 18 months from now (mid 08) Look for AMD to try to jump ahead then. but nobody knows till we get to that point.

4. schusterjo

schusterjo

A little humor I wrote on another board

You talking to me? you must be mistaking me for a nice guy...
    [​IMG]
    I did my homework and had to prove my findings about the Intel vs AMD question
    [​IMG]
    So I set out to chase him down,
    [​IMG]
    And explained to him that he was all wrong, Intel should be under the tree this year.
    [​IMG]
    Then I felt I needed to educate the others Intel should be under everybodys Christmas tree.
    [​IMG]
    That gave me a warm feeling inside like I was doing good.
    [​IMG]
    But then I had to quickly change that mood because i am the GRINCH.........
    [​IMG]

LOL see what no sleep can do to you.

5. jackedup

jackedup Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the replies, links, and last but not least humorous Christmas post.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/526785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice