1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Revisiting: Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DeeDeeDee, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeeDeeDee

DeeDeeDee Thread Starter

When first finding this thread, it reads: "Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 Solved", but the postings do not contain a solution!

I am experiencing the same exact problem as noted in the threads: this software worked fine for years on my WinXP software and now it doesn't. I also got the PSUT9532.DLL error; also did the Adobe upgrade; and am also aware of the 16 bit vs 32 bit architecture problems.

If there was a cogent solution posted for any of the above, I missed it. Can you undo or remove the Adobe upgrade if that is the source of the problem? Is there a patch to allow this respected program to run in XP?
    Is everyone "stuck" with no solution other than to give it up?

If true, the thread should not read "Solved", but rather "Unsolved and getting colder".

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Hi DeeDeeDee , welcome to TSG .

Can you provide a link to the thread you refer to ?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

My bet is more that a Windows update has mow made it "incompatable" with XP.

Adobe has discontinued support for 4.0, so there is no chance of a "patch" for any corrections if this is the case.

4. DeeDeeDee

DeeDeeDee Thread Starter

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Adobe Deluxe is a bit old now though.
    Granted, it was easy to use but there are many others out there that are free now.

6. DeeDeeDee

DeeDeeDee Thread Starter

True...PhotoDeluxe 4.0 is "old" but it does more than the "freebies" that are brand new.

For example, I'll give Google's Picasa 3.0 Beta high marks EXCEPT that it does not have an "erase" tool and it does not let the User set the desired pixels/resolution in actual numbers. (It has pre-selects instead).

It also contains a slew of folder and organizational options which have nothing to do with photo quality tools.

Until the "freebies" at least cover the bases of PhotoDeluxe 4.0, I'll be looking for anyone who can make it work with XP.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice