1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Revitalizing 01 Toughbook: PCMCIA WPA2-PSK Registry settings

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DarkLight1, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    According to the manual the Belkin Wireless G Notebook Card F5D7010 only does WEP.

upload_2019-5-6_11-38-33.png

Attached Files:

2. DarkLight1

DarkLight1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    :D:D:D********************** HUSTON ************************* WE HAVE CONNECTED *********************************** :D:D:D

Phew, final solution.

Upgraded Windows 98se to Windows 2000 Professional with SP4 - (ebay £2.99)

Used 1st PCMCIA Notebook card I had bought, Belkin Wireless G F5D7010 ver.6 it supports WPA2-PSK encryption (ebay £4.00),

Downloaded, directx_Jun2010_redist.exe, UtiluMF.exe (Firefox), Belkin wireless G card Driver. Also I a

I'm more than pleased with the performance the Computer is running really smooth with Windows 2000 NT, I have a new 32GB SSDI

I have a new 1.8" 3.v IDE-mSATA adapter ,32GB SSD and 2 new 128MB sDRAMS ordered, that is the limit I can really go with this computer just then to keep it updated.

Thanks everyone for your support, I really wanted this fixed up for travelling (y)

Attached Files:

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Just be careful that the serial key is not pirated...

4. DarkLight1

First Name:
    Jim
    I 's say it is probably cool, that licences probably came for use with several Computers. There is actually a free Windows 2000 download on the Microsoft site, it runs on a VM.

5. DarkLight1

First Name:
    Jim
    @Couriant Even though the network in the software is set for WPA2-PSK, my instinct is your correct it is not using it. However, it is definitely not using WEP as it simply will not work on my router. But if you dig deep you'll find that it does support WPA and that is pretty close :)

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I attached earlier in the topic the manual I found for the card
    http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/p74682uk_f5d7010_man_hr.pdf
    and according to that it does support WPA
    HOWEVER I cannot see that it supports the 5GHz band only the 2.4
    Neither can I see that it supports WPA2

However I see now that you have it working with the different OS

Those Toughbooks were something special they are still sought after today to use on boats as navigation backups with a chart system installed

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice