1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RFG... runtime error on launch...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ghostf4ce, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostf4ce

Ghostf4ce Thread Starter

Wonder if you guys can help. I am getting the attached error when I try to launch Red Faction Guerrilla in Windows 7 32-Bit. I have done the following so far:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    Uninstalled and reinstalled C++ 2005 Redistributable and SP1
    Running the game in compatability mode
    Running the game as Administrator
    Running the game with Patch 1
    Running the game with Patch 2

I have fully up to date drivers for everything, all Windows Updates and hotfixes are applied. The Event Viewer collects this information from the error:

Faulting application name: rfg_launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4a78635d
    Faulting module name: rfg_launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4a78635d
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x0002a4bd
    Faulting process id: 0x1788
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cae8648b94f080
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Volition Inc\Red Faction Guerrilla\rfg_launcher.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Volition Inc\Red Faction Guerrilla\rfg_launcher.exe
    Report Id: cd701980-5457-11df-8a89-044b80808003

I have quite a few games installed, including Metro 2033 which requires the same 2005 SP1 Distributable pack for C++ and that game runs fine.

At a loss now and really after some pointers on what could cause this error, can't seem to find anything on google apart from a few others who have had the same error but no mention of a fix.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. schang626

schang626

3. garett666

garett666

turn off you're anti-virus or turn on game mode if you have it, that will work now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice