1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rgb Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zoom_Stat21, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zoom_Stat21

Zoom_Stat21 Thread Starter

I was looking through some of the different cable , I came across A cable that had A VGA to RGB or Video to HDTV I am presuming I have looked this type of cable up and came across a few matched but I cant seem to find wether I will to install any type of software to be able to enable this type of cable . I am not in a panic but what ever info anyone could give me would be much appreciated :D

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi there:

Could you please tell us what you are intending to do with this cable?

That might help us to answer your question. Thanks. :)

3. Zoom_Stat21

Could it be possible to hook your computer to a HD TV with such said cable?

Thanks

4. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi again -

It would depend upon your computer and what it has available as far as video out on your graphics card.

What version of Windows do you have?

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Plus it would also depend on what type of video input connector(s) you have on your HD TV/Monitor.

6. Zoom_Stat21

Windows XP Home W/SP2 . I have a ATI Radeon 9550 256MB Vdeo Card . Also the HD TV What type of connectors are you talking about ?

Thanks

7. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    The HD TV needs at least one way of getting video signals in the TV. Some HD TVs may support switching between more than one set of video inputs. There is more than one type of connector system used by HDTV manufacturers. You have to tell us what types of video connectors are used on your particular HD TV for the video inputs.

8. Zoom_Stat21

The input connectors that I can see on the HDTV are DVI Red Blue Gree ports and Red White Yellow input ports , from My HDTV that is the only input ports i can see to be on my HDTV

Thanks

9. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Sounds like a DVI cable may be your best connection method between your video card and your HD TV. The next step would be to check if the video card has a video resolution and frequencies setting that is compatible with your HD TV.

10. Zoom_Stat21

I think that is what I will end up doing (y) This cable I have found I was wonder I heard from A buddy of mind that it may be used for A certain graphics card ... and not compatable with anything else

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice