1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RH9, How to play Video CD?

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by AbvAvgUser, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

I have installed Red Hat 9 on my P IV 1.5, 128MB RAM, Plextor CD-RW (16x10x40) PC.

I am able to play Audio CDs, but don't know how to play Video CDs. I tried to open the .dat file as I used to in Windows Media Player. But that doesn't work here.

If the process involves complex steps, please give me detailed guidance. I am a newbie in Linux.

Thanks.

2. lynch

lynch

I would check the Redhat site for VCD plugins and docs.
    lynch

3. AbvAvgUser

Oops!! You are right. I am becoming too dependant on this forum.

4. lynch

lynch

Yes,but it's nice to be needed :D.
    I would've had to do the same thing as I never tried playing VCDs on Linux,either
    .If I had,I would gladly try to help.:)
    lynch

5. AbvAvgUser

Well, now I am justified in posting this query here. I went through the download and search section of RedHat's site. But couldn't find something that would solve my problem.

Basically, I am trying to do everything at least once before I make a final big leap towards an exclusive linux machine :). The next query could be on scanner and then on CD writing ;)

But I am on the verge of laying my hands on a Linux Book (most probably Bible or Unleashed). Then hopefully, I will be on the other side of the fence solving quesries instead of raising them :D (y)

6. lynch

lynch

I can help with the CD writing part.
    lynch

7. AbvAvgUser

I know that lynch!! :).

But as of now, let me concentrate on two problems at hand.

1. MP3 and
    2. VCD.

:(

8. AbvAvgUser

I have posted the query to a tech magazine. Will wait for their reply. May be it will come in their next issue in Nov.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice