1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rhapsody, missing DMR?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TeddyB05, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TeddyB05

TeddyB05 Thread Starter

Every time I try to start Rhapsody I get the message
    "We're sorry, Rhapsody could not authorize your PC to play this track. It appears that Windows Licenses (WMDRM) on your PC are corrupt.

It then gives me a link to this microsoft website

I followed the instructions, but got stuck on #5 and 6. When I did step #3 it said the DRM folder I needed was located in C:/Windows/DRM, but when I tried finding it by going to the windows folder, I could not locate it.

I also went to the website that instruction #6 gives you, but could not click the upgrade button (it was faded)

Skipping to instruction #8, I tried hitting restore, but it said I had no licenses to restore.

I don't know if this helps, but I found a folder called "license backup" with four DRMV files. I'm not sure what kind of files they are, because when I click on them, the computer asks which program I would like to use to open them.

Also, I uninstalled Rhapsody, and downloaded it again. I also updated Windows Media Player.
    I have Windows ME...

Thank you in advance.

2. smeegle

smeegle

Where did you buy your computer and are you using the original software that was on it?

3. TeddyB05

TeddyB05 Thread Starter

It was a family computer, so I'm not sure where they originally got it from. Both Windows Media Player and Rhapsody worked fine before, so I'm not sure what happened.

4. stantley

stantley

DRM is a hidden folder so you have to go into Tools > Folder Options > View, click on 'Show hidden files and folders'.

Are these tracks purchased from Rhapsody? If so you can to log into your Rhapsody account and it should verify the purchase and fix the license.

5. TeddyB05

TeddyB05 Thread Starter

Thanks, I clicked show hidden files and folders earlier because it was one of the instructions on the website rhapsody linked me to.
    No, they are not purchased. I have a monthly membership.
    When I try to log into Rhapsody, that is when it gives me that message and links me to the microsoft website.
    Should I sign in online at their website?? What can I do from here?

6. stantley

stantley

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice