1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ribon Macro doesn't work Abacus 2.0

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hanjef, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hanjef

hanjef Thread Starter

Hey!

I tried to add "Abacus 2.0" (tool to calculate reference limits in laboratory analysis; http://www.abacus-validation-systems.de/) into my excel, but i only receive the error "Some objects couldn't be loaded, because they are missing on this computer." (translated from german ;))

Afterwards i confirmed two times the same failure and a new error appears: "Compiling error in the masked modules. This failure normally occurs if the code isn't compatible with the version, platform or architecture of this application." (translated again from a german error)

Again i have to confirm two times and excel finally loads. the add-in "Abacus" is available in excel, but as soon as i click at any button i have to see this error:
    "Cannot run the macro 'RibbonXOnAction'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled."

All my security settings are wide open. I have searched the web high and low and can'tfind a solution to this issue. Please help me! Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    hanjef

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I have no idea but have you checked if the AddIn is compatible with your Excel version?
    You do not mention anything about versions in your post
    You also have to consider 32-bit or 64-bit compatability
    It's all in the VBA code of the AddIn and maybe you are missing a dll.
    Is it Windows or is it a MAC, information can simplify helping you, You don't mention about hat, so versions and OS

3. hanjef

hanjef Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer! Sorry, i missed to mention my OS etc. because i was in a hurry at work.

OS: Windows 10 64bit, Office 2016 32bit (with 64bit Office it didn't work too)
    Maybe i will contact the developer for further trouble shooting.

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I looked at the site but could not really find anything mentioning compatibility .
    Are you sure that this error message is really form the Abacus AddIn?
    What if you remove it? It could be another reference which might be missing, have you look at the VBA references in the VBA editor?
    Did this start after you installed the Abacus AddIn?

5. hanjef

hanjef Thread Starter

Yep, it started afer i installed the Abacus AddIn. In the meantime i found another excel based utility from a study group which satisfies my needs. Thanks for your support, but i won't waste more time in "Abacus". All the best for you, Keebellah! :)

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Was it the trial version?

7. hanjef

hanjef Thread Starter

yep, you're right, it was the trial!

8. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Is it just one xlam file or a whole installation?
    If it's only one xlam file I can take a look at the code in it.

That is of course if you want to attach it here

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice