1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ricoh R5C843 sd host controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GandalfWhite, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GandalfWhite

GandalfWhite Thread Starter

I have been having a problem with my built in Ricoh card reader for quite a while, originally while running Vista Ultimate x86 and now with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have an Asus G1s.
    The problem is that it does not read SD cards, and when I insert an sd card the "Ricoh memory stick disk device" under disk drives in device manager changes to "Ricoh xd-Picture card disk device" and suffers from error 10 failing to start. It seems to me that the problem id that the card reader does not recognise the sd card and thinks it is an xd card.
    Under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" I jave three Ricoh devices
    Ricoh memory stick controller Hardware id
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_15D71043&REV_12
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host controller HW id
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_15D71043&REV_12
    and Ricoh xd-picture card controller HW id
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_15D71043&REV_12
    Apart from that I have Ricoh 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller HW id
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0832&SUBSYS_15D71043&REV_05
    and my standard sda controller HW id
    PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0822&SUBSYS_15D71043&REV_22
    It seems like there is a problem either with the firewire host or the sd sdbus.sys host not recognising the card
    I have fully updated all drivers and even tried to change the compatible hardware id in the sdbus.inf and reloading to match the sd host controller al to no avail.
    I would very much appreciate any help as the usb card readers I buy are always getting lost generally with cards in and it is a real nuisance
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!