Solved Ricoh SP 4510sf Scan to folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jddog99

I got a Ricoh SP 4510 sf printer from my company as the contracts ended and they were all given away or destroyed. I decided to give mine to my Wife's grandmother who does a lot of printing/scanning and this will make it so much easier for her.

I tried all kinds of YouTube video's and walkthroughs to get this scan to folder feature working with no success. I tried getting ahold of Ricoh but with no contract I'm only allowed a 5 min conversation with there IT department.

Is it possible for someone to walk me through how to get this working properly.

jddog99

Here is the manual if needed while you are waiting for help.

Ricoh SP 4510SF manual - https://www.manua.ls/ricoh/sp-4510sf/manual?p=1
Thank you, I downloaded that and all the drivers.

I also found a tutorial on how to make a shared folder and did all of that.

I just can't get the printer to connect to the network. I've inserted the proper IP address and the printer confirmed the ping but still won't scan to the folder or even recognize it.

Hi jddog99
A couple of questions if you could answer please
1) Are you trying to scan from computer (pull)or
2) Are you trying to scan to computer (push)
3) Have you installed Twain or WSD drivers
4) Have you set the scan folder to share
5) Does the computer have a login password
6) Have you set the computer in the scanner address book
7) What OS is the computer Apple,Linux or Windows. If Windows is it 7,8 or 10

Cheers
PeterOz

Couriant

James
Scan to PC is only via USB if I remember correctly. I do deploy Ricohs though I haven’t deployed the SF version of the 4510s, just the DNs. When I am at work today I will double check.

jddog99

Hi jddog99
A couple of questions if you could answer please
1) Are you trying to scan from computer (pull)or
2) Are you trying to scan to computer (push)
3) Have you installed Twain or WSD drivers
4) Have you set the scan folder to share
5) Does the computer have a login password
6) Have you set the computer in the scanner address book
7) What OS is the computer Apple,Linux or Windows. If Windows is it 7,8 or 10

Cheers
PeterOz
I'm trying to scan to computer.

I have installed drivers on the rioch site but no others

Yes, I found a tutorial on YouTube and I got one completely setup

The tutorial had me make a 2nd account for just the scanner with a username and password.

I added the folder into the scanner with appropriate address but it still won't send it. It keeps having a IPv4 issue.

Windows 10 OS

I didn't know there was a scan to folder tool, I cam try that out.

jddog99

Scan to PC is only via USB if I remember correctly. I do deploy Ricohs though I haven’t deployed the SF version of the 4510s, just the DNs. When I am at work today I will double check.
I have it connected via USB but it also has a Ethernet port which I have plugged into my modem.

I can print on it with no issue, I just can't use the scan to folder function as it does that over the network apparently. I have check the IPv4 many times and it's all matching and even the ping command was successful but it still won't work.

Couriant

James
Unless you are going to do a scan to a different computer, using the USB would be the better option to your computer.

Having said that, here is the user manual for the machine to set up Send to Shared Network Folder. It does have directions. I think at this point the issue would be the permissions. Try making a folder on your desktop and share it. You will need to give everyone permission too so you shouldn't need to worry about using a username / password.

Unless you are going to do a scan to a different computer, using the USB would be the better option to your computer.

Having said that, here is the user manual for the machine to set up Send to Shared Network Folder. It does have directions. I think at this point the issue would be the permissions. Try making a folder on your desktop and share it. You will need to give everyone permission too so you shouldn't need to worry about using a username / password.
I already supplied a link to the manual in my post #2 😁

I added the folder into the scanner with appropriate address but it still won't send it. It keeps having a IPv4 issue.
To help us out what is the error message.

I do deploy Ricohs
Since Couriant has experience with Richo would you prefer I leave it to him so you are not getting conflicting advise.
I posted a link in Post#5 for the tool

jddog99

I used the tool you supplied.

I was able to get it to go through the full process and it made a folder.

When scanning on the Ricoh it works just fine but never shows up on the PC in the designated folder it made and shared.

I'm ok with anyone helping me. I haven't received any error messages.

jddog99

I used the tool you supplied.

I was able to get it to go through the full process and it made a folder.

When scanning on the Ricoh it works just fine but never shows up on the PC in the designated folder it made and shared.

I'm ok with anyone helping me. I haven't received any error messages.
It says to check the IPv4 address also it flashes a (103) after that in the bottom left of the printer screen. I'm not sure if that's a error code.

Ok instead of a folder name try ip address as in
\\server\grandma (exampe this is the shared folder name)
Replace the \\server with the ip address of the computer.
Go to start type in CMD at the cmd prompt. Type or copy and paste ipconfig /all press enter.
You are looking for the IPv4 Address. e.g 192.168.0.25 or 10.0.0.25
then on the richo replace \\ server with that number. e.g \\192.168.0.25\grandma TEST
If this works then we set the computer to static ip.

On the Richo check your ip address subnet gateway AND dns
Clear as mud?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online