Ricoh SP213w/Cannot uninstall drivers

Limon

Hi.
My computer is HP Compaq 800 Elite SFF, and an HP PSC1215 works fine on it.

I installed the PCL6 Driver for Ricoh SP213w Printer, using the Ricoh Driver PCL6 downloaded from Ricoh website. Unsuccessful.

Device Manager says, 'This device is working properly'.

Troubleshooting, 'Device does not have a driver'.

In Device & Printers, 'Driver not installed'.

I sought advice and was told, >

‘Go to control panel>devices and printers. Delete the printer. After downloading the PCL6 driver, unpack it and look for the "disk 1" folder. This is what you will need for the install. Go to control panel, devices and printers and "add printer". Click "my device is not listed". Click "have disk", and locate your disk 1 folder, double click on it to " OEM setup". The driver will install. Note, DO NOT install the printer with the built in 'Ricoh class driver", or as a WSD device’.

However, I have been told to look for a file ‘OEM setup’, but, after extraction I did not see that file.

Since then, I downloaded Ricoh Drivers, SP213Nw PLC6 and PCL6 V4. with 'OEM setup' and all were successfully installed, but when I click to get 'Test page' I always get a printer error.

Thinking these drivers may be corrupt, I tried uninstalling them, but cannot.

I keep getting different messages, please see as attached.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts