1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ridiculous Monitor problem!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by El_Doro, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. El_Doro

El_Doro Thread Starter

OK so we've had a bit of heat wave lately, and my windows been wide open, and 2 little crawley beasty things, whatever they may be, have decided to crawl into my flat screen and take up residence.

You can imagine how annoying this can be when you see what looks to be a dead pixel run accross your screen!

I tried unscrewing all the screws i can see in the hope opening the monitor brush them away but no luck, any chance someone can give me a bit of guidance as to how i would open the monitor?

Its a HannsG HC174D.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

2. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

A heatwave in Scotland...... that's like anything over 15 degrees? :D

I don't know about the Hanns specifically, but it's pretty common place to have units "snapped" together these days (barbed rims).
    You may need to pop it apart with something like a stiff blunt knife or a paint scraper type of thing.
    I'd have to advise extreme caution if you're unsure (I am).

Have you checked your warranty to see if you're still covered by onsite service or something?
    Not sure though if it would cover the eviction of squatters, fauna or otherwise........

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Bug bomb! Hehehehe

4. El_Doro

El_Doro Thread Starter

It hit 34 the other day! It was hot enough for me anyway!

I'm still under warranty, but like you say, i doubt i could get anywhere by saying theres some bugs in my screen!

As i speak they're not here, as in on the screen, they must be sleeping round the back somewhere! I'll wait and see if they turn up again, if so i might have to try again with opening the monitor!

Cheers!

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Try benching them to death. :D When you see no bugs, bench the hell out of your machine with 3dmark and see if you can kill them. 3Dmark might make it a bit uncomfortable for them. It will heat up your monitor for sure. Try 3Dmark03 and up. Run it multiple times.

Just a thought. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice