1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ridiculous Specs for Hellgate London

Discussion in 'Games' started by gamerbyron, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gamerbyron

gamerbyron Thread Starter

Ok, this time Hellgate London is even worse than Crysis. It requires 3 GBs of ram for recommended settings, and a very high end card.
    I don't wanna upgrade!:eek:

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

aye...jus wait for ut3 i say:)

3. FarRed

FarRed

Nice avatar

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

hehe:) tis wunderbar huh:)

5. Therion11

Therion11

Apparently the game's graphics aren't nearly worth it. Most likely just a bunch of horrible coding is the result of those specs.

6. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh its worth waiting till they realise it and patch it all up:) hehe..tho the idea of the game is great

7. Jo3y_

Jo3y_

What's Hell Gate London about? shooter? Details please! lol

8. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

its a first person shooter, but also an rpg...so its kinda like dark messiah, butwith guns...and in london...potentially a great game...but i dont think it lives up to the hype...

9. durko

durko

Game is pretty naff to be honest, though strangely addictive...

Point, click, shoot eveything. Doesnt need the advertised specs, running on almost top setttings with 2 gig ram and a 7300gt

10. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

tho its not a point and click..its a fps...but yeh it does get a bit samey

11. lee-mac

lee-mac

my comp runs it fine on an AMD 3800 + 2GHZ DUAL CORE -2 GIG RAM DDR2 667 AND A 512MB GEFORCE 8600GTS MINE RUNS SPOT ON :)

12. lee-mac

lee-mac

MY FRIENDS COMP SRY I AINT GOT IT YET DONT FANCEY THE GAME MYSELF :p

13. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Umm.... actually it requires 1 gig on XP, 2 gig on Vista. Just to clarify :)
    As far as settings go, it doesnt make an awful lot of difference where you go, although smoke on DX10 does tend to give a few judders.

Played and finished the game ( the end was predictable, but only after you see it LOL), and yes, it is quite samey. But then its a shooter, by its very nature it will be. How many games have new enemies on every level? At least Hellgate manages to justify the enemies. Had a few probs later in the game, crashes etc, but got there in the end, and yes, it is extremely adddictive. Engineers rock <g>

14. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

actually the requirements to play aren't that bad
    I'm playing it on DX9 med settings across the board (except object detail is high) and am having no issues at all. With better than acceptable graphics. (this on an admittedly old rig I'm trying to squeeze just a little more life out of ... 3.2GHz P4, 1GB DDR2 ram, GeForce 6800 PCIexpress, 256 MB)

As for gameplay, if you like Diablo style games you'll like it. I'm playing as a Guardian and it is pure hack and slash so far (first person isn't available if you choose this character or swordmaster, you're stuck in 3rd person view). The game does have a serious memory leak problem though so if you tend to put in long gaming sessions you may run into issues with running out of memory crashes ... not a major deal as restarting your comp will clear it up and let you restart the game where you were)

edit - added a screenshot of my low level Guardian to show what the game looks like on a rig that is barely above the games minimum specs (very playable in my opinion)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!