1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

rienstall error message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DuO, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuO

DuO Thread Starter

hi
    i recently installed a linux on my custom pc, hoping i could dual boot, xubuntu and xp, the comp would only load xubuntu on startup and i thought disconnecting the hdd with xubuntu (each os was installed on a dif. drive) and leaving the one with windows on it in would work. i then booted up and got disk boot error please instert cd or something like that. wen i reconnect the linux drive and boot into the rienstall disk for xp i get in sometimes, sometimes get disk boot error. wen i do get in i'll load sata drivers (the xp install is on an sata drive while linux is on an ide drive) and then get to the screen insert disk of windows previous install because it cannot detect one on the computer. usually tho i get an error saying windows is shutting down to not cause further harm to your computer and it talks about the problem mabey being hardware related.

plz advise me on what to do
    i just want windows xp back now
    should i just take both drives and install vista or can i somehow get xp back up and runnin without buyin vista (i can use my parents xp install disk to get by the no previous installation thing if i can get there again)

thank u!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!