Right Clcik in My Docs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mouse Potato

Anyone help??

just done fresh install and all a sudden I cannot right click within the my documents folder without the computer locking up. Also, even with custoimised toolbar, the computer locks up if I try to get properties of a file or delete it and have to use task manager to close the non responding window.

Anyone know what gives and how to sort it please?

Thanks

(running xp pro)

Ok, have your install cd ready.

Click Start>run, type in 'sfc /scannow' (without quotes), hit enter. It will probably then ask for the disk. This will make the O/S check its' files against those on the disk, and replace any faulty ones. WARNING, YOU MAY HAVE TO UPDATE AGAIN, AS IT WILL OVERWRITE UPDATED FILES WITH OLDER ONES!.

Once you have done this, hopefully it will have corrected the problem. If not, I'd be looking at a registry problem being the cause. there are ways to check this, but I'm not that good at it, so someone else will have to help you there.

Scorp.

Mouse Potato

Thanks for reply Scorp, appreciate it, will give it a whirl when I get home.

Thanks again (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online