1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Right Click Disabled?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pcpfactory, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcpfactory

pcpfactory Thread Starter

I Have Windows Xp.
    When I Right Click The Items That Are Minimized At The Bottom Of The Screen Nothing Happens, I Used To Be Able To Close Them And Stuff.
    Also Some Minimized Items When I Click On Them Open "down" Off My Screen Instead Of "up" Onto My Screen. I Am A Beginner So Please Help!
    I Have Checked My Mouse Settings And Everything Seems Fine.
    Help!

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    For your mouse problem, it's a new one to me. I really can't recommend any fixes.

If you want to close things from the taskbar (the bar along the bottom of the screen), click on what you want to close and click the Close button.

For those that appear on the taskbar but not on the screen (sneaky online buggers), click on what you want to close, but then hold 'Alt' and then press 'F4' (Alt+F4 is the general close shortcut).

3. Moby

Moby

I don't use XP but this should be in the same place.(ish)
    Click start, settings, taskbar and start menu, advanced and make sure the ' display shortcuts on right click menu' box is checked.
    Clicking an item in the taskbar will either minimise it or bring it back in view to it's previous size, depending on whether it was showing in the first place. I don't quite understand what you mean when you say . .
    "Also Some Minimized Items When I Click On Them Open "down" Off My Screen "
    When minimized, it should already be 'down off your screen'. Where is it then, when minimized?

4. J-Son

J-Son

if that dont work maybe its one of your reg file was editted if so post a hijack this log

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice