Right click lag-time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aixtase

Hey all,

I've been running my windows XP for a couple of years on a regular basis installing programs, removing them etc.
I've come to notice that when I right click a file (video, song, word document etc.) the menu takes a very long time to come up (can go from 5 to 25 seconds). The same case goes for deleting a file. When I press the DEL key, the yes/no message takes ages to appear.
What is causing this?
Is there a tweak to change the pop-up speed like for the programs when I hit the start button?
Is there a program that can clear useless clutter efficiently to avoid these sort of lags?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

TravisXP

Banned
idk try useing cleaning systems.. i prefer ccleaner it might help with alot of things http://www.cleaner.com And if u want a free 1 year subscription to Windows live onecare just email me

Thanks!

TravisXP

Aixtase

Fixed! Had to remove a few registry keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
Deleted the keys one by one until I foud the culprit: move on boot and winrar were slowing it down!

Thanks anyway for your advice!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online