1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Right-click menu on a field box/text field changed

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BEAUDUY, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BEAUDUY

BEAUDUY Thread Starter

I support a software program that has a proprietary menu item when you right-click a calculated field. It has been this way for 10-15years and has worked in WinXP through Win10 with never an issue. This past week I had 3 different customers tell me that when they right-click one of these fields to access what is normally the Cut/Copy/Paste/ menu that also includes our menu item, they are now getting the Windows default cut/copy/paste/Right to Left Reading order/Show Unicode control characters/ etc menu. The only thing I can think of that they all have in common besides these are all Window 10 64bit pc's, is that they all have one update to Adobe Acrobat (17.012.20098).
    I was able to resolve for a moment on two of these workstations by having the user go into Language/Advanced settings and actually selected "English (Unites States) from the "Override for Windows display language" even though that settings is implied by the "recommended". But after the pc was turned off over night and back to it the next day, the problem is back and that setting is still selected. All language and regional settings on all the pc's are defaulted to English/Unites States. I do not know what other avenue to go in. Could something hae been switched on or off in Windows (by this Adobe update perhaps?) that would make the context text menu switch to Windows text default right-click menu?

Any help is appreciated!

2. BEAUDUY

BEAUDUY Thread Starter

Update to information above...
    More and more customers are calling with the same issue. Not all have the Adobe update so it must be a Windows security update that has affected a setting or a handler somewhere in Windows. Does anyone have any idea what switch I can flip to get this right-click menu back to normal?
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You can uninstall any current Windows updates to confirm a Windows update related event.

Aside from that, sounds like you need a programmer familiar with the app in question to update/patch the app to work properly.

4. BEAUDUY

BEAUDUY Thread Starter

Thanks (from a GB Packer fan!) It was the Microsoft Windows update KB4038788. Once the users uninstalled that the problem was resolved. I am assuming the "Installing KB4034674 may change Czech and Arabic languages to English for Microsoft Edge and other applications" might be the cause, I don't know. I know the issue stems from language settings so this statement by MS made me think it could be the culprit. Well, something in this update did......I hope the next one fixes it!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice