Right-click -> New -> but no "Microsoft Office Word Document"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dekilaz

Hi all,

When I right-click to bring up the folder menu, the "new" bar contains many of the other office applications, but not word. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Dekilaz

Attachments

There's TweakUI -- may work with Vista or not, so set a restore point first if you try it.

On XP I went through "Templates" in TweakUI and managed to "Create" a Word option by navigating to C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Templates\winword.doc.

Although personally I'd just assign a hot-key combo to run Word (say CTRL+ALT+W).

HTH

dekilaz

Thanks for your reply! Couldn't get Tweak UI to run on Vista, so I guess I'm stuck until someone decides to release a similar tool for that operating system. Thanks for the tip, though!

dekilaz

I guess I'm stuck with the problem, as I cannot find any solution for this anywhere. I've even reinstalled office, but to no effect. My "solution" was a registry hack where I added a "NullFile" value under "ShellNew" for Word 8, thus giving me the option to create new Word 97-2003 documents. However, I can't understand why my computer can't comply with the NullFile value I've set for Word 12.

I guess this problem runs pretty deep, and that it's only fixable by doing a format and clean install of everything. So I'll get around to fixing it... eventually :p

Anyways, thanks a lot for taking the time to try to help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online