1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ring doorbell pro and Amazon Fire Tablet setup

Discussion in 'Other Mobile Devices' started by alannaaf, Jan 19, 2019.

1. alannaaf

alannaaf Thread Starter

I bought a Ring doorbell pro over a year ago and set it up via the PC app. (I don't own or have access to a smartphone.) The doorbell malfunctioned a few weeks ago and Ring sent a replacement. Problem is, they've taken away the set up function from the PC app. I was able to install Google Play and the Ring app on my Amazon Fire Tablet, but the wifi set up fails every time. After 2 hours on the phone with Ring, they say that set up isn't supported with the Amazon Fire tablets. Does anyone know if this is true or not or if there is a work around. All I have available to me is this tablet and my PC.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Amazon Fire may not be Andriod based, so the app may not work properly.

3. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    Amazon Fire tablets use a version of Android, but the Google Play store isn't available. I'm guessing you side-loaded it? Amazon owns Ring, so I'm surprised there isn't a Ring app for Amazon Fire tablets.

You might need to look for an older Apple device or Android phone that connects to wifi so you can complete the setup.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice