Ringing sound through speakers after installing wireless router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coachdean

Since installing a NetGear Wireless Router for home use I have noticed a periodic ring tone through the speakers of my desktop computer that has a hardwire connection through the router to the cable modem. The sound is similar to a digital call waiting sound but do not have call waiting in any of the programs loaded on the computer. The sound does not have a specific interval, such as a telephone ringing, but is sporadic when it occurs. Could the router be picking up random cell phone signals or something more "sinister" .

coachdean

Due to present setup pretty well locked in to the current location. I have reset both the cable modem and the router and checked the configuration. Everything works ok and I can connect to the Internet with my laptop utilizing wifi. Was primarily concerned if it indicated someone was posting an attack on the computer, or eavesdropping through the router. It is my understanding, for anyone to do this they would pretty much have to be parked in my driveway. My firewall has not indicated anything out of the ordinary. (As you are probably aware, I am a neophyte wnen it comes to wireless routers )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online