1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ringtone File Type

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by MichaelAdams1993, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MichaelAdams1993

MichaelAdams1993 Thread Starter

Does anyone know what file type ringtones are saved in? I have an LG phone from Verizon. Or does it vary from phone to phone?

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

they can be many formats ie mp3, aac, wav, and so on.
    You dont say what model LG phone it is

3. MichaelAdams1993

MichaelAdams1993 Thread Starter

It is an EnV Touch. How would I go about finding the file type for a phone though, like if I were to change phones or wanted to give a ringtone to someone else....

4. ChildOfLore

ChildOfLore

You normally can't send the inbuilt ringtones, with your custom ones there's usually an option in the file browser for Send Via Bluetooth.

5. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

See if you can copy them to your card...you may be able to view the file information then...I dont have a late LG phone have to confirm it though.

Now if you are wanting to create your own...mp3 is pretty standard and will work with most phones....the main thing is they{mp3} are available by the millions if you want to get them online
    If you have an older LG phone the format for the built in ring tones was midi i believe...you could create simple ring tones with lg software..they wouldnt accept an mp3 ringtone however

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice