"Rippling" Effect of Screen When Scrolling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tuppence2

Hello,

Janet has a "Time" Notebook which has developed an odd effect when scrolling ( pages, or lines). Instead of the page or line moving downwards smoothly, it ripples. Hope you understand what I mean. :)

This happens whether she uses the built-in mouse or one plugged into a port.
It's a PS2, if that is of any use.

She has a new optical mouse and XP found the software for it but the rippling happens with the new mouse as well.

Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

The Notebook isn't here with me, I have to visit her house to use it.

We've run Spybot, Disk Cleanup, Defragmenter, and a scan when the computer is switched on. She uses Zone Alarm and AVG Antivirus.

I downloaded XTeq Setup and set the number of lines to scroll (3) but the same thing happens.

I wonder whether re-loading Windows would sort the problem but she can't yet find her operating disk.

Bye,
Penny. :)

This "might" work.

Right click a blank area of the desktop and click properties> settings tab and then the advanced button> troubleshoot tab and then back off the hardware acceleration slider a click ot two, click apply and ok. You might have to have a couple of goes at it.
Lets us know how you get on. :)

Tuppence2

Thank you very much, xgerryx. Will give that a go. I'll have access to the computer this afternoon and will certainly tell you what happens.

Bye :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might have an issue with the video drivers too, have you tried updating them from the manufacturer's website?

Hello folks.

All is well. I moved the slide as suggested and the problem is fixed.

Will bear in mind the video drivers and I think I will update them for Janet.

Thank youl. Great to have such help.

Bye,
Penny :)

We've run Spybot, Disk Cleanup, Defragmenter, and a scan when the computer is switched on. She uses Zone Alarm and AVG Antivirus.

Adwares aren't causing that to happen, nor viruses.
It usually happens to me when I format and reinstall the OS and haven't updated my graphics driver.

Update your graphics driver to the most up-to-date version and see if that helps.

Just found this post, bluecast. Sorry not to have replied. Thanks for the info.

Jan :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online