RJ45 Cable Extension

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Damonc

First Name
Damon
Is it possible to extend a RJ45 CrossOver Cable, using an old serial cable?
- Yes both cables have the same amount of wires.

Because I'm having problems with my internet access, could I please get you to reply to:

[email protected]

Thanks.

You could do it if the continuity were correct and the connectors were pinned right. CAT5 is built to a certain spec tho and has a certain number of twists per inch to keep signal loss to a minimum. Just go uot and buy 100 feet of CAT5 cable for whenever you need it. A good crimper and cable tester is a must as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online