1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Road Runner Activation CD

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deke40, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I am hearing that I didn't have to run the RR Activation CD.

When the technician came out he ran the software for the modem and then told me I could save money by running the activation cd myself, which I did. Now I understand by what I'm hearing is I dont need it. It installed IE6, which has been alright, but it installed a folder called Broadjump(20MB) and a Roadrunner folder(10MB). Under Add\Remmove I have one called "Broadjump Client Foundation" and another called "Broadjump Correct Connect Engine". Can these be removed?

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Spyware, remove with Spybot.

3. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I have ran spybot several times since going to rr and it has not detected these as spyware at all.

4. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Finally found this and it sounds like a lot of companies are using it. I am afraid to uninstall it as I don't have any idea what repercusions it would cause to my connection.

About BroadJump

BroadJump, Inc. (www.broadjump.com ) creates software that allows residential broadband service providers -- cable, DSL and fixed wireless -- to streamline installation, manage the connection and enable the fulfillment of revenue generating goods and services. With BroadJump's solutions, service providers can enhance the subscriber experience through intelligent deployment of applications, content and valuable new services.

BroadJump's announced customers include Adelphia Communications, AT&T Broadband, Bell Canada, BellSouth Corporation, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, NTL, RoadRunner, SBC Communications, Sprint and Time Warner Cable. Founded in November 1998 by broadband and software industry veterans, BroadJump is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.

About Support.com

Support.com (Nasdaq:SPRT - news ) is the world's leading provider of support automation software. Support.com's patented software platform allows businesses to automate and personalize the support they provide to their customers, partners and employees, helping them reduce costs and drive user satisfaction through problem resolution. Global 2000 enterprises using Support.com's software include IBM, Cisco Systems, GE, Procter & Gamble, Sony, Schlumberger, CSC and Siebel Systems -- in addition to Broadband Service Providers such as BellSouth, Charter Communications, Cox Communications and SBC. Support.com has offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.support.com .

5. Del

Del

Used to work tech support for RR, we never had Broad Jump then but the DSL provider I have now does. They bypass the BJ install and manually install the software as it is faster and easier then by using Broad Jump. Don't see how uninstalling it could hurt anything.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice