Roaming IP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RWerner

Ive got a machine I recently retired, XP pro from a server 2003 domain and was wondering if someone could help me out. Before I disconnected it:
Workstation ip was released via cmd, flushed dns, checked to make sure dhcp didnt resolve again. I disabled the nic in control panel. From the server I removed the pc from the domain. When connecting the new machine I get there is a computer on the network with the same IP address. Id like to set the same IP as before, statically because I am using the same network name.

Any help appreciated.

TerryNet

Terry
... checked to make sure dhcp didnt resolve again.
I infer from that quote that the old XP Pro was getting its IP dynamically. If so, then the Dhcp server will reserve that IP address until the end of the lease period or until it (the Dhcp server) is reset.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online