1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roaming Profiles

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Eddysmiley, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddysmiley

Eddysmiley Thread Starter

Hello

Today i downloaded my photos from my camera to "my documents" in my roaming profile. However when i logged off, the server was not available (so did not get coppied as part of my roaming profile, but were still on the PC's local C: drive) However, when i logged back on, with the server available, it deleted the photos and replaced them with the Server version of my roaming profile. Now, surely Windows 2000 is clever enough to look for the latest version of my profile? (or so it says in the book).

So whats going on?

Cheers, Eddy

2. JenniferLore

JenniferLore Banned

The profile on the server always takes priority over the local profile regardless of what the book says. Theory vs. Practice

3. plucnik

plucnik

This is an old post but the exact same thing occured to me. I tried to use some data recovery software to search the hard drive to see if I could find the photo's and recover them. No luck. When this occurs, are the documents / photo's really lost and gone forever? I'm surpised that I couldn't find a trace of them using the recovery software. Any ideas? Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice