Roaming Profiles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Eddysmiley

Hello

Today i downloaded my photos from my camera to "my documents" in my roaming profile. However when i logged off, the server was not available (so did not get coppied as part of my roaming profile, but were still on the PC's local C: drive) However, when i logged back on, with the server available, it deleted the photos and replaced them with the Server version of my roaming profile. Now, surely Windows 2000 is clever enough to look for the latest version of my profile? (or so it says in the book).

So whats going on?

Cheers, Eddy

JenniferLore

Banned
The profile on the server always takes priority over the local profile regardless of what the book says. Theory vs. Practice

This is an old post but the exact same thing occured to me. I tried to use some data recovery software to search the hard drive to see if I could find the photo's and recover them. No luck. When this occurs, are the documents / photo's really lost and gone forever? I'm surpised that I couldn't find a trace of them using the recovery software. Any ideas? Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online