Robocopy script

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bloodyskullz

Hi All,

Quick question regarding robocopy. I am not that great in using it but I did manage to figure out that how to do basic copying and mirroring. My main issue is copying over files that have security permissions.

At this point, I have this:

Code:
robocopy c:\foldername e:\foldername /copyall /mir
What would I add and does it matter where I place the syntax for it to work?

Help appreciated.

EDIT: Figured out the security part. How would I get the script to still copy everything in the folder if its being used by someone else or they forgot to close it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bloodyskullz

I am not looking to make a shadow copy but I did end up making the changes to the script.

Thanks anyways I guess.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
You asked how to copy a file if it is in use. Robocopy cannot do that by itself.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online