1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

rocket dock help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 1wingslevel, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1wingslevel

1wingslevel Thread Starter

Can any one help in great detail how to apply or activate if you will docklets also known as widgets on the Rocket Dock , im trying to download and make work a docklet that alows you to turn off ,restart or put to sleep your pc , and one that allows you control the master volume ! once i download them and extract the files and place them in the docklets folder i don't even see tham when i try to bring them up through the dock! i downloaded a clock that comes up but nothing else ! what am i doing wrong ?? thanks ahead for any help !

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

For docklets in the folder,right click rocket dock and click add item.
    Then add it from the folder.
    Program shortcuts can be added that way or just dragged and
    dropped onto rocket dock.

3. 1wingslevel

1wingslevel Thread Starter

thank you for the help , the problem im having with the docklets is when i do right click to add item they don't show up even though i've extracted themand put them in the docklets folder !! but if i just drag the short cut to the dock that does work !! now when i try to put the session buttons in a folder and attempt to put them in the stack docklet i'm having a problem again with adding the proper icons to them ! is the icon have to be a in ico format for windows to recognize it ?? i have some in a folder the ico ones i can see but not the png ones ! do the png icons have to be converted to ico format to work ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!