Rockin' New Year Eve Program

Doc Holliday

Anyone watched the Rockin' New Year's Eve program on television?

It was so sad having Dick Clark on there now. It just didn't seem the same since he suffered his stroke last year. So vibrant for 2004 and yet his stroke kept him off the televised Time Square for 2005. His speech was really "thick" last night for the dropping of the ball for 2006. I really think he should had stayed off the air and let us remember him as the "world's oldest teenager". Such a debilitating disease.

I didn't get to see Dick Clark last night...........and I can't seem to find a video at CNN, FOX or MSNBC??:( Even though he's not "himself" I'd still like to see what he said last night.

I forgot to watch it last night so missed seeing it. Maybe that is a good thing because I have the good memory of Dick Clark.

I saw him... I thought it was amazing that he could talk as well as he could! :) It must have taken a lot of rehab for him to get that far.

I was happy to see him. Regis stunk.

Doc Holliday

I understood, from last year, it was a mild stroke. Or so I thought.

I admit I really don't know that much about strokes except it can be devastating when one happens. And I've seen some recovering victims of this disease never showing a trace of what happened when they speak. Seeing how Mr. Clark had to do a considerable amount of speaking while he was hosting this program made me now wished I never watched it.

I'm with hewee on this one.......I'll just remember him in his glory days.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Doc....I saw him.....his speech wasn't back 100% yet....I think his stroke was much more than mild....I found it hard to listen to him at times....:(....yet thank God he has come as far as he has! (y)! It was hard at times to make out what he was saying. I'm also thinking he was sitting down during the program as his gait isn't back to normal yet either. As a nurse who worked in long term care....I can tell he has had good rehabilitation....I think his speech was much worse in the months following the stroke and he is lucky to have come this far! (y) Having diabetes didn't help him much....a lot of diabetics when they get older have strokes as an effect of the diabetes. But yes....I'd rather remember him as he was.....a healthy, fit "world's oldest teenager"! ;)

Doc Holliday

I didn't know he is diabetic as well.

He looked good! But, you still could tell he had to struggle with his speech during the countdown of the ball. Made me believe he had a stroke that was something more than "mild" as reported by the media.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Good morning Doc! :) Maybe by next Rockin' New Year's Eve he'll be back almost 100%....that would be awesome! :)

JustMe2

Crystal
I was very happy to see him back, regardless of everything.
It brought tears to my eyes to think of all that he had gone through in the last year, to get back to doing what he loves. Even my 14 year old (who's watched him every New year's since she can remember), thought it was 'Totally Awesome', that he was back and doing as well as he was. :)
Maybe he will be 100% by next year, maybe he won't. We don't care here! It was good to see him not trying to hide away since he isn't completely 100%, instead of staying away like a lot of people in our world would do.
JustMe2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online