1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rogue Spear

Discussion in 'Games' started by DaveDong, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaveDong

DaveDong Thread Starter

Hey im running xp pro and i had no problem installing this game and the latest patch however when i come to runthe game theres a terrible lag with the cursor and is impossible to play. i have trie with a wired rollerball mouse and an optical wirless mouse but to not avail. please help.

2. jackal969k

jackal969k

It is hard to say what the problem is without more info. What video card do you have and do you have the latest drivers for it? Have you tried going into the game settings and resetting them to lower values? Are any other programs running in the background while you are trying to run the game?

3. DaveDong

DaveDong Thread Starter

Im currently using an onboard graphic card some s3 crap gettin a geforce next week. driver are up to date as of last week. the game was at the lowest settings possible. yeah theres usually msn messenger running tis about it.

4. jackal969k

jackal969k

Its sounds like your present graphics card is probably the source of the problem. You can go to www.redstorm.com to see a list of supported cards etc.. I would also stop msn messenger from running even after you get a new card.

Also be aware that the newer games that are out (Splinter Cell and a bunch of others) will work only with the cards they have listed in the product info. I don't know what tpye of geforce card you are getting but I do know that I had a decent graphics card(or so I thought)that would not run the newer games very well at all. I upgraded to a Radeon 9600XT and it solved all my problems. :)

5. DaveDong

DaveDong Thread Starter

Well i checked and apparently my graphics card is one of the few supported. so i dunno

6. McTimson

McTimson

Read and so everything in this thread, if nothing works, post back with your system specs using the dxdiag method in that link.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice