1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roku connection intermittent on cell w/ linux internet ....

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mean10102, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mean10102

mean10102 Thread Starter

So i have different network. It goes like this. cell phone running easytether pro using the 4g connection to share connection with usb to a computer (running Debian 9) with internet sharing enabled on wire interface out to router1 with wired interface running as a switch and wireless as access point. then it goes into router2( this router is used to separate the same addresses used in sharing sharing between the 2 computers because makes a conflict. second computer running connection sharing and it is a wireless connection to share my mouse between 2 conputers. Then it goes in to the second computer through wired inteface1 (a vpn is running on computer2) connection is shared on wired interface2. then it goes into a switch with wired interface than in to wired wifi access point connection to devices on a secure connection .

so my roku has intermittent connection on first router unsecured . if i connect it to the router with the vpn in front of the router it stays connected no problem youtube works great. hulu and netflix will not work though it is blocked by them. even though it will work with vpn app on a device. but not through the vpn on this network connect to a vpn server that works with netflix and hulu.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Wifi issues are almost always signal quality related. If other devices can connect to the same wifi and work without issue, then there is a signal issue with the Roku.

3. mean10102

mean10102 Thread Starter

i figured it out . i put a prioritized the devices on my router and it works

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice