Roku keeps getting error

User55555555587

Daniel
I just bought a roku stick and whenever I try to play a YouTube video it sometimes gets this error message and I do all the steps and it works fine for a couple of days and then it spits out that error again please help0705864C-0199-434C-B22C-7A458AABD32B.jpeg

plodr

Liz
Did you go here and read what it says? This was at the bottom of your error screen.
https://support.roku.com/article/208755468

If your Roku® streaming player detects that the HDMI link with your TV, audio/video receiver (AVR), or soundbar does not support HDCP, an "HDCP Error Detected" message or purple screen like those seen below may be displayed.
Continue reading to see what you need to do.

plodr

Liz
Then I guess your option is to return the stick since it doesn't work with your hardware.

If you can't return it, gift it to someone else with different hardware.

User55555555587

Daniel
Then I guess your option is to return the stick since it doesn't work with your hardware.

If you can't return it, gift it to someone else with different hardware.
i just bought the tv last year and it is certanly not incompatable

I just bought a roku stick and whenever I try to play a YouTube video it sometimes gets this error message and I do all the steps and it works fine for a couple of days and then it spits out that error again please helpView attachment 282695
Were did you get the Roku stick from, was it used when you got it or not. Its probably not a good idea to use the stick. Its not very reliable. I would opt for the roku box.

I found this on the Web: HDCP errors happen when there is a problem with the physical connection or communication between your Roku and TV. Often, it's a simple matter of reconnecting the HDMI cable: Unplug both ends of the HDMI cable. Turn off or unplug power from the TV and Roku.

When I got the above error message it was because my HDMI ports were failing. I had to get a new TV. That's not good news. I hope I am wrong.

User55555555587

Daniel
Were did you get the Roku stick from, was it used when you got it or not. Its probably not a good idea to use the stick. Its not very reliable. I would opt for the roku box.

I found this on the Web: HDCP errors happen when there is a problem with the physical connection or communication between your Roku and TV. Often, it's a simple matter of reconnecting the HDMI cable: Unplug both ends of the HDMI cable. Turn off or unplug power from the TV and Roku.

When I got the above error message it was because my HDMI ports were failing. I had to get a new TV. That's not good news. I hope I am wrong.
I got it from Best Buy brand new and it is the roku express
When I got the above error message it was because my HDMI ports were failing. I had to get a new TV. That's not good news. I hope I am wrong
I hope so

I got it from Best Buy brand new and it is the roku express
I hope so
Hi Danial, Due to the Ruku player and a new TV and an error report indicating that the HDMI ports are failing, tells me that the product may be defective since none of the steps you tried worked. I would enquire about a refund from Best Buy and attempt to purchase a different Roku or TV that is not defective. Products may be defective on occasion, even if the product was purchased from a reputable company.

That happened to my husband on a few occasions when he purchased a brand new space heater from Walmart and we were able to power the space heater on and it worked properly for a short amount of time and it shut off. There was no timer set so it could not be blamed on the timer. We attempted to power it back on and it failed. My husband wound up with a refund and exchange the broken space heater for one that works properly. Walmart indicated that the previous space heater was in fact defective after testing the product themselves.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts