1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Roku Setup Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by firsher, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firsher

firsher Thread Starter

I just purchased the Roku Express and want to hook it up to my elderly father's Samsung tv but the trouble is he lost the remote for the television. Can I still accomplish the setup without the remote or by using his Bell Fibe TV remote? The Roku manual tells me I have to use the Samsung remote in order to see different HDMI options and using the tv remote with its input, source buttons etc.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    There isn't any configuration which needs to take place on the TV.

You simply need to be able to select the appropriate HDMI input on the TV to which the Roku is connected. This can be done with the TV remote, other remotes if they can control the input selection of the TV, or by using the buttons on the TV (if that brand/model TV has buttons).

In other words, every time that he wants to use the Roku, he needs the ability to change the input used by the TV.

3. firsher

firsher Thread Starter

Thank you very much Jim. I'll attempt to find those buttons on the television itself and go from there. Just need a new set of eyes and a bright flashlight because I can't find anything as yet to "push in."

Update...... Found them. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice