1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roll Back

Discussion in 'Games' started by HiPing, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HiPing

HiPing Thread Starter

Hello

How do you rollback from BF 1.3 - 1.2 ??

Thanks

2. RT

RT

Hello HiPing

(What's BF?)
    Are you running XP? If you previously had v1.2 installed you might try using the Restore feature to go back to a date before you installed v1.3. It might work, if it doesn't you can undo the restore.

Or do you mean roll back a driver?

3. HiPing

HiPing Thread Starter

Thanks RT

BF1942 Ver 1.3 to go back to ver1.2

Regards

4. richard306

richard306

i'm a complete moron when it comes to this computer ****, but i installed 1.3, and then wanted to go back. so i unistalled the game, deleted the game directory, and then reinstalled, patched with 1.2 (or whatever i was previously using), and then cracked.

if anyone knows any better please shoot me down before somebody smokes their system.

speaking of rolling back:

i am pretty new to the high performance computer world, but i recently bought a system (xp2100+, 512 3200DDR, 80GB WD, and an ATI Radeon 8500 LE. about a week ago, i made the assumption that updating drivers was something you should do to stay current and up to date (why else would they call it that?).

i surfed over to the ATI website, and it steered me in the direction of the Catalyst 3.0 driver, and DirectX 9. after installing i immediately noticed a difference: choppy graphics, occasional horizontal line "flashes", and the much loved program crash (it just flashes off and then where once was a german in my crosshairs is now my desktop.. no error message either).

I have since unistalled 3.0, and have gone back to Catalyst 2.5. But i am unsure whether or not i can go back to DirectX 8.1 (or whatever i had previously). i am using Windows2000 if that helps anyone who may want to give me some direction. i have been told by a friend that i need to reinstall windows, but i would like to avoid that if possible. if **** really hits the fan, i have an image of my C drive on a special partitian, but again, only as a last resort.

thanks in advance.
    richard306

5. RT

RT

HiPing,
    Uuninstalling and reinstalling the game (like richard306 did) then running the patch or update you prefer is probably best. You will probably loose any saved games (you can try saving the ones you'd like to keep), but it will get you back to the version you want. Unless you are running Windows XP, then try the Restore feature first.

BEFORE you do that, however, you haven't mentioned any specific errors or problems other than you just want to go back to a previous version. If you are having specific issues, feel free to post them in detail, OK?

Hi richard, welcome to the site.
    You may want to start a seperate thread for this, or search TSG. It just keeps problems seperate, and makes it easier for folks to find and correct problems, if you see what I'm sayin'.:)

You can't go back on DirectX, it's in your system, unless you format your hard drive you're stuck with it. (as far as I know)

If that's causing you grief (DX 9) do start another thread about your specific problems, in the appropriate forum.

(BTW, driver updates are generally a good thing, except in ATI's case, who are notorious for crappy drivers. Don't sweat it tho, if you have a version that works keep it. If you feel like you need to update because of a new game purchase, or whatever, just do a bit of research on the web, or just give it a shot - and keep in mind you already know how to switch drivers if you need to:) )

(BTW #2, you can't use certain words here, you get automatically edited! ****)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice