1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 Won't UnInstall

Discussion in 'Games' started by DuKeSKiLLz, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DuKeSKiLLz

DuKeSKiLLz Thread Starter

I've tried uninstalling a long time ago, and it remains in my Add & Remove programs.. Also when I insert the disc to try and uninstall it, it tells me this error:

Unknown project :-'C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\RollerCoaster Tycoon.log'.

I have no idea what this means. I've deleted the Hasbro folder containing anything and everything RCT had, and yet I still get this. Any Suggestions?

PS. I've already tried a registry key as well.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

The error is Im assuming that it cannot find the .log file. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

3. DuKeSKiLLz

Um, as you can see above, I can't uninstall....

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

sorry I meant reinstalling, then uninstalling. my bad :)

5. cfhpantera

cfhpantera

Search for hasbro and roller coaster tycoon on drive C:\ and delete everything it finds. Then download a program such as regseeker found here http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm and search your entire registry for "hasbro" and "Roller coaster tycoon" and delete all it finds....you have now uninstalled Roller Coaster Tycoon. If you have other games by hasbro then be wary when searching in the registry because you may delete entries that belong to other games by hasbro.

6. DuKeSKiLLz

THANKS SO MUCH, it finally is gone.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/581985