1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Roller Coaster Tycoon Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by bko376, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hobbitnewton

hobbitnewton

i tryed. several times. but thats doesn t help... i was got a windows reinstall 2 but the problem still are. i think i have problem whit the exe file... long time ago i played this game in win xp prof but there was started the game and the problem was only that: i can t load game, like in others. but now doesent start and can t pach... so i think i need an exe file (rct.exe)... or the game... i downloaded the new version (new publisher) of the game but its only gived me 40 minute playing and than i need to pay for an 1998 game just because its pached and don t need to agonize whit that... unbelievable, so if someone can send me an rct.exe file send me it to my e mail: [email protected]

2. Grunty6000

Grunty6000

I bought RCT 1 ages ago from a retailer and when i installed it on my XP machine and tried to apply the patch and it said it was swedish i overcame it by doing this

opened up 2 explorer windows 1 with the cd drive content, 2 with the RCT install dir, "C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon", after going through a regular install.

on the CD there is a folder called "English" i navigated to that, selected all the files in the dir can dragged and dropped them into the RCT install directory, ( im not sure if all the files are necessary)

apply the UK patch and it should now be in English :)

3. PIMp

PIMp

4. blah102

blah102

do u know how to fix it when the rollercoaster tycoon game installs and it says something about ERROR: COULD NOT INSTALL REGISTRY ENTRIES

How could u make it not do that, and what is a registry entry

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to both of you. (y)
    PIMp; I recommend removing your email from the post. Spam bots can search forums for addresses. Any of your saves? If it's just one, the save may be corrupt.

blah102; Registry entries are addresses of sorts, that tell window where to look for things.
    Basic info on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_registry
    Not being able to "install" them could be, you don't have administrator rights.

Both of you may get better help and results if you start your own thread about your problem. Saves reading and getting advice mixed up. :D

6. CustomMinifig

CustomMinifig

What RCT is it? If it is RCT 1 or 2, simple fix I guess. Just re-install it.
    RCT 1 and 2 both work on XP and Vista no problem. If it is RCT 3 then also try to reinstall it, but there may be a bigger problem.

7. Robbie29c

Robbie29c

hi call me bobster i have a problem that was said before everthing is fine i the game but when i try to load my succesfully saved game it exits rctycoon and says:

exception raised - access violation

00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000
    00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help

8. Simulated

Simulated

That might be an administrator rights problem. Are you playing the game on a limited user account? If you are, try playing on an account with full admin rights. I found that many games won't let you load or in some cases save on a limited user account. (hence the reason my kids now have their own computer)

9. tules

tules

I hvae problems with loading the games, I can only find a patch for RTC3 now, I have RTC1, but I have not been able to play it for a while now, I have XP pro, I have the full version I can play it but I cannot load any saved games which is really frustrating can anyone help?

10. Robbie29c

Robbie29c

No, i do have admin rights i think the problem is to do with xp(i am running windows xp home edition)because my friend run sit fine on his windows 98 second edition

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/454814