1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rome Total War DirectX related problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by stix, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stix

stix Thread Starter

When I ran Rome total war today, all of a sudden it fails to run, claiming that it failed to find DirectX 9
    I went on the microsoft website and downloaded the latest directx 9.0c and installed it. Rebooted. Then ran the game and it still says the same thing.
    I am not sure what I should be doing. Yesterday the game ran fine.

Help is much appreciated.

2. Minmaster

Minmaster

Go to your Start menu click on RUN>
    Then type in dxdiag > enter
    Let the DirectX diagnostic runs its course...
    Then click on DirectX files and see if there are any errors/problems present
    It will tell you what the problem is in the description box
    If it reads "no problems found" ...post up the scan on this thread and let us look to see what could be the issue..

3. stix

stix Thread Starter

Not to worry, I think i got it sorted. I just had to change my troubleshoot settings. EIther way, thanks a lot for the help, its running fine now :)

4. juststan

juststan

Im having the same prob. have done what u have told me to do and the diagostic told me, quote:-
    -The file d3dim700.dll is an old version, which could cause problems.
    -You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.
    I have reinstalled the direct x and even reinstalled rtw yet the issue wont go away. what can i do??

5. raptortech1628

raptortech1628

Have you installed a new version of xp recently, that sometimes causes problems, if that is the case re install the update.

6. Jvert

Jvert

Mine says "the system is using the generic video driver. Please install provided by teh hardware manufacturer, then direct draw test results: All tests were sucesful. then Direct 3d Functuality not available. you should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer." what do i do

7. Omikron15

Omikron15

yeah im having the same problem. i ran the dxdiag thing and it said no problems found ( in the box at the bottom) should i post the report on here anyways? if not does anyone have any other ideas :(?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/348475